Thursday 8 March 2012

Everything's On Fire

A day of self pity and I've managed to pick myself up. Getting a result like this made me realize I need to grow up. I need to figure out what my priorities are. Yes I will be more mature now. I hope lol.

Looking back at the past 2 years and how a small decision could have and would have changed everything. No, I'm not having any regrets. I promised myself i wouldn't. I'm just thinking of the what if's and would haves if I made those decisions.

One, I wanted to study at Uniten. Take a foundation in mechanical engineering. But I decided to not go because I did not have the money to go. ( Yes I know there is always a loan ). Would my life be better there? I would learn how to live alone in the big big city. Would my future be different then? I wouldn't know.

Two, I wanted to transfer to Jit Sin to continue form 6. Would I get better grades? The teachers there are better. Really. The good thing about form 6 in high school is the awesome chemistry teachers. Compared to high school Jit Sin is obviously the better school. But will a different school make my results better? I wouldn't know.

Three, I wanted to take up HSC in INTI. I was offered a partial scholarship and the program is only 10 months. packed, yes, but it's more recognized than STPM. Again I decided not to take as I did not want to take up a loan so soon. Would my life be better? Would I get to go overseas and study? I wouldn't know.

I decided to stay in form 6 in high school. I decided to become a prefect. I decided not to keep quiet when there's obviously injustice in the school. I decided to argue and stand up against a sad sad tyrannic teacher. I've met my MUET teacher who not only taught me English, but also on life and how I should take life on so I wont life get the better of me. I've joined Interact Club and I've met plenty of people who made my life fun. From Interact I've met interactors from convent, st george, free school and chung ling. I've met the Rotaractors who can make activities like picking up rubbish a truly fun thing to do. I've met all my juniors who I've never really talked to when I was in form 5. I've met purple who lit up my life for half a year. I've met all the awesome form 5's, form 4's and some form 3's. I've learn bits and bits of mandarin in form 6. I've made my presence felt in that school. Ignoring the mad admins, life at school was awesome as I get to talk and meet my form 5 chemistry teacher who was like a mother to me in school.

So no regrets. All the what if's and would and could haves doesn't matter anymore. The past is and will always remained the past. All there is now is the present and the future. All I can do now is look to the stars and hopefully one shooting star will come by and I can get a wish.

p/s : I did not mention names in this post as I'm afraid I would forget to mention everyone. You know who you are. You don't need me to say who you all are. Your awesome.

Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment