Saturday 1 December 2012

Let's Go Back, Back To The Beginnnig

Today is a very mind changing day. Moments like this made me feel like I'm actually obtaining higher education. It is when studies no longer revolves around a book. Well most of my classes are still fully focused on academics but my Ethnic Relations class is something different. The lecturer of that subject is what I look for when studying in a university.

At this level, we're supposed to learn more than what we obtain from books. We need to learn to think, to speak, to lead and most importantly to be confident. My lecturer, Encik Ahmad teaches us in that way in his classes. He encourage us to speak up, to think and most importantly to be more confident and developed as a person. I hope I can have another lecturer like him.

What really imprint my amazement towards him was what he teaches in the lectures. He really did change how I think. Do you know what was the reasoning behind the special rights of the Malays in the Constitution? As a Chinese, I feel very frustrated by this article. It cost many more deserving people to not be able to pursue higher education and thus lead to the incompetence in the quality of present day graduates. The reason the article was drafted is to create a balance in the economy. But now the balance is quite, balanced? What is the reasoning behind the existence of this right? Actually I'm not supposed to talk about this because I can get arrested hahahhahaha.

Anyhow, have you ever thought of why this right still exists today? En. Ahmad believes when we are all truly united this right will no longer be important. It is when we consider ourselves as Malaysians rather than our racial background. Is it unity is fully achieve the special rights might be a thing of the past. Unity bonds us to make us, unite? Okay I need to improve my vocab. For now to be honest I would rather call myself a Chinese first before I call myself a Malaysian. It is very obvious to see we are all still bounded by our race. I would be a hypocrite if I say I'm not. Perhaps when unity is truly achieved in our country everyone will have equal rights. Hopefully.

Another interesting thing I've experience today is the AISEC info day. I would elaborate more but why don't you find out more about it yourself? Just google it up and you'll have a rough idea of what it is about and if you're interested then come join! You might get to pick up some chicks from overseas hahahaha.

To those who managed to read up until this point here are some pictures to make this post more lively.

brs!


some of the stuff i plan to attempt to embark on

I wanna learn to play omg

soyeon <3
and lastly a summary of my life here


No comments:

Post a Comment