Tuesday 9 October 2012

Everything WIll Be Alright If I Just Breathe


I don't get the buzz with being able to speak decent English. We have taken English as a subject since our primary days. So if you are my age now which is in my late late late teens then you would have learned English for at least 13 years now. That is more than half of my life. Language is an acquired skill so it can't be obtained overnight. So since we have learned English for so long now why is the English level in this country so depressing?

Maybe the reason I'm decent in English is because I'm dreadful in Mandarin? That is surely not a valid reason. I've met many people who are awesome in multiple languages and also good in English. So why can't everyone be like that? Why is English so greatly ignored by everyone?

"The first time I met you I thought you were a super genius"
A common misconception of English educated person. If I was a super genius I wouldn't be stuck in the middle of nowhere with cows as my best friends.

Anyhow I'm gonna master Mandarin by this year or at least before I grad to show everyone even I can master a basic language in my time here so why can't everyone master English?

Dilemmas of an English ed in a Mandarin majority society, chapter one. This may be my new topic as I have no pictures to post here lolololol.

Good night peeps.

Her eyes o.o



No comments:

Post a Comment