Tuesday 4 October 2011

I'm Sorry It Took Me So Long

My Muet English teacher told me teachers should devise ways to teach and educate students in ways that are more effective rather than the traditional methods. Most teachers teach based on the textbook. Offering nothing but what the syllabus cover. She said she often use different methods which are more interactive in which enable the students to think rather than memorize and answer questions. As such many teachers said she don't teach, she just talk to her students for fun.

I hereby defend her teaching methods as it taught me how to think more maturely and be more open minded. In this age, a traditional mindset no longer can comply with our modern times. We should break free from this and learn to think. Our education is structured in such a way that it creates students who are good at memorizing rather than students who are able to think. This is why our nation is facing a brain drain as the talented and smart students can see the state our nation is in and chose to make a living elsewhere to ensure a better future.

We should be more open minded and thus accept and learn all the various cultures around us. Just as my teacher said, we will never stop learning. Once we do , we will never progress. In my opinion, we should accept the LGBT culture. We should not discriminate others and we should stop stereotyping. All this will only close our minds and thus cloud our thinking. We should accept that everyone is unique in their own way. We should not discriminate them for that. This is why I'm against the traditional mindset as the people who think that way often discriminate different cultures of people.

People who think that way will be left behind in all the modernization. (to be honest I ain't sure that line is correct) Anyhow, even though we should be open minded, we must not forget our roots and thus we should still cherish our traditions and not let them be forgotten in time. A little ironic isn't it. Oh well it's up to everyone how they wish to think. Many teachers consider me a radical because I always stand up for what I feel is wrong. I stand up a little bit too much LOL.

Pn Ooi, you are awesome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment