Wednesday 30 April 2014

Baby I Love You But I'm Not A Monster

You will realize how big the world is and how small it can be at times. For instance I grew up studying in an English ed school. During my years in school I always thought everyone speaks English and it's quite normal to not really understand Mandarin. My little bubble burst when I entered form 6. Only then I realized there aren't much English ed people out there. That is when I realize how small my world was. I was always comfortable with all my friends who have the same mentality.

Now I think I can count the number of English ed people in my university with my two hands. I'm not trying to be bias or subjective but I seemed to be able to click better with people with the same thinking. During my presentations I make references to pop culture as a joke. "Hey why do we exercise? So we might stand a chance to fight Chuck Norris!" A long awkward silence soon followed. 

But hey life is a long and challenging journey. Maybe when I can understand Mandarin better I might be able to click with everyone here. I think I've become more socially awkward coming to UMP.




I forgot how pretty the clouds are in the morning. 

Two years left to achieve my goal of mastering Mandarin before I graduate!


Hello 5 day weekend! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment