Sunday 12 October 2014

Shake It Off

Okay ignore the teenage girl phase. It will come to pass.


It's been so long and yet honestly I can't hold up a decent conversation in Mandarin. One of my aim is to be able to speak Mandarin before I graduate. Well I have less than two years to accomplish my goal. And meet my future wife before I grad. 


I think I have establish my english-ish presence. Well most of the people I know converse to me in English. I usually only have opportunity to speak and learn Mandarin when I work or meet new people. SO usually people label me as a banana, a term coined from having yellow skin but being white on the inside.

To be honest I find this term degrading. I am not proud to be a banana so of course I do not like being labelled as one. I am proud for being an English ed since like.... forever. It made me who I am today and I happy. Heck I do not know Mandarin but hey I was able to survive for the past few years. I even managed to work as a mooncake promoter which is the most mandarin demanding job I faced, like ever.

The thing is if I'm able to take the initiative to improve my Mandarin then why can't the same be taken by others to improve their English? There are two kinds of people I've met so far. One is they know you can't speak Mandarin so they either speak to you in English or teach you how to speak. Another a person who looks horrified by the fact you can't speak Mandarin and constantly proudly exclaim you are a Chinese so you MUST know Mandarin.

Well I know not everyone is like that but still we are living in Malaysia. A country of so much diversity. If we are able to accept others even from different racial background then why cant we accept the fact that everyone is different?

Wokay I started this post a few days back so to be honest I have quite lost my thoughts on this subject.

So here are some random pictures of things I've done since I've come back.

I saw a fat cat

I went to Cameron Highlands

I went to a Frisbee Clinic

I went back Penang Gambang

I discover a stick of heaven

I climbed a hill

I found a Google Map car in McDonalds Pekan

I drove 15 mins out for a cake just because I love cakes

I make Sakura McFizz in the room

One of my senior who was a role model graduated today


I have grown out of my highschool girly phase. All I need was some sleep lolol.

I have a feeling I appear to everyone as the happy go lucky person who is very optimistic. But then again that is my own assumption. I'm not sure if there are still people who read my blog because I have became quite dormant here. I'm curious do I appear as jolly as I hope I am?



My dream is to bring joy to the world.



Time to gain weight and apply for Santa Claus. I might be the first Asian Santa!



A random thought. I think love is like (500) Days of Summer



Wokay Good Night Peeps!








1 comment: