Wednesday 23 May 2012

Werewolves And Vampires Are Out For The Kill

I'll let everyone in on a little secret. The commission and pay rate at padini is so high that if I started working there in January I'll earn enough to pay for my first year of degree at ucsi. Sadly since I came in late I did not get to apply for a full time job so I worked under contract. Bright side of a contract is it is almost the same as a full timer but my commission is lower, way way way way way way way lower. Nevertheless beggars cant be choosers so I accepted that offer and began work in April. Two months later and I'm still annoyed by the fact that I had to do a lot of work and yet I get paid less than the people who do nothing but complain about their boyfriends all day. The world is unfair. I know so I suck it up.

However today was what make me contemplate whether it is worth extending my contract. My commission is extremely low so the only way I can earn enough is through overtime. I got loads of overtime this month due to the fact we do not have enough staff. I was thankful for that. Until my supervisor stole two of my full days. Her reason was she did not get as many full days as the other supervisor. The other reason was the shop cant give too many overtime hours because of budget constraints.

Among all the staff I can be said to be the least paid so if I'm given overtime hours it wont cost more than giving a full timer overtime hours. If the main reason to reduce overtime hours is for budget then shouldn't my supervisor not get more hours? Oh god I hate hypocrisy.

Oh well I'll suck it all up because I need the money. If I can find a better way to earn more then I'll be the first to stop working there. The reason I'm given a lot of work is because I'm a competent worker. What logic is that?

Oh well, one more month. I shall persevere!

Good Night.

p/s : If anyone knows anythign about ptptn and the application please teach me thank you oh so much :D

No comments:

Post a Comment