Sunday 13 November 2016

It Looks Like You Might Be One of Us

How often do you meet people who are so in sync with you?

When will you be able to find someone like that again?

Time passes and reality changes. We won't be in the same place all the time. Sooner or later we will get swept away by the ever changing reality. The people I've felt most in sync with is the people I met in high school. If you kept us all away from each other for years, we will still be able to talk and reconnect as though we haven't lost a day. As I grow older, post high school and into form 6 then into uni, I don't really meet many more people who can be in sync as the people I've met in high school. Perhaps it's because my high school is more English ed and as I enter form 6, uni and into working life, I've met less and lesser of English ed people. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind mixing with everyone regardless of their education background and upbringing. It's just I've felt a sense of belonging and serenity when I met and interact with English educated people. The joy of engaging in a conversation with someone who can see and understand your views as well as provide an input. The bliss of engaging in retarded humor. Honestly speaking, I miss all that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment